- Plums are known to contain very less amount of calories and no saturated fats.
- They increase iron absorption into the body due to the vitamin C content.
- They prevent osteoporosis, maintain healthy nervous system and protect heart health.
Storage and Uses
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Their juicy and succulent flavour is relished by eating them fresh.
- Used in desserts, fruit puddings, fruit salads, etc. Used to prepare plum sauce in Asian cuisines which gives a balance of sweet-sour flavour.